Tuesday 20 January 2015

I know Programming... now what?

So, I haven't been on here for quite some time and now is again one of those moments, when I need to sort my hobby-oriented mind.

I am trying to find a home for my "mad programming skillz", but looking at the general trend that everyone is following, it has either something to do with GUIs or with using the webspace. I'll be honest, I hate all sorts of graphical user interface work. It is repetitive, extremely boring and once it comes to the web and its standards sometimes not logical to me. The moment, I try to do something remotely more complex than basest basics, it does things I just don't get (and by the way don't care to find out).

This makes it extremely tedious for me to find applications for my hobby. I have a small outlet in form of the patches I write at Mozilla's mozdownload package. While that is a lot of fun and the community is awesome, sometimes I would like to do something different and exciting... I just don't know what...

Any suggestions are welcome by the way. To give people an idea, I have been considering to learn C in addition to python to get a bit away from high-level languages and then maybe try out my luck with linux, however, it is doubtful that I will have the time for that in the near future.

I need something that has a low entry barrier, is fun and gives instant satisfaction... Difficult, I know. Any suggestions are welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment